Monday, August 29, 2005

Freshman Move-In

Ok, so with the computer systems here at the school you have to put on the University Firewall and Virus-ware. That's cool; I have nothing wrong with the University picking up the cost of a Norton subscription for me. The thing is this, Fordham sent out a CD that had all of the software and instructions on it. Not one person had that installed when they came here so they were all clueless about what to do. We were talking the other day, no one does anything on his or her own, and this place is devoid of personal initiative. No one will do anything unless you hold their hand through it. But this is the clincher, for those of us using a Mac, there is no network procedure, we get to run our own Firewall and NAV. So we ask the Freshman if they have a Mac or a PC, and this girl says, I have a Mac, It's a Dell, M.Fo and I just looked at each other with a blank stare laughing on the inside. I swear these kids ... 1300 average SAT, my ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home