Monday, August 15, 2005

Back From There

I was in Europe with the family for a vacation. It was my parents 25th wedding anniversary and they took us all to backpack through Switzerland, Rome, and Paris. It was fantastic and very beautiful. I haven't had a chance to look through my photos but if there are some that are worthy to be shared I will put them here, or link to a Flikr gallery if there are a lot. More on that trip later, probably anecdotally.

Started RA training today, bright and early at 10AM, so for me it felt like 3 in the afternoon. Which is a curse on itself. The whole thing feels very corporate. I feel like I am doing a guest stint on the BBC's The Office, where they are pumping us up for Diversity Training, and Programming! With exciting sessions called Fordham University Strategic Planning and You! Everything has an exclamation point after it.

The new RD's are ... interesting. Last year we had a new Resident Director for Freshman, and it took her awhile to break into the position to figure out where she needed to push back and what exactly her job was going to entail. For the sake of anonymity the new RDs will be called, Mugly, Menly, and Minny. For those in the know the names have significance. Mugly has more resemblence to my boss than anything that I am confortable with, even her mannerisms and facial expressions are alike, it is rather scary. Mostly because she is always "mugging" for us though. I hate that when you get the impression that someone is angry on the inside, but they are still smiling like their shit doesn't stink on the outside. More on all of that later, going on the retreat tomorrow, and expect some posts on Yurp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home