Monday, October 17, 2005

My Home

I am from Wyoming (and I am an addict). Coming from a state with less than half a million people makes you kind of lonely, almost as if you are born into the lonliness. You learn to crave the solitude and not necessarily being alone, but the idea of being alone. New York was such a big culture shock, because let's face it, you can't get away from the city. I have learned how to carve out solitude for myself. It could be as simple as putting on the iPod and heading over to Central Park or a trip to a museum, and head to the crappy wing that has furniture and sitees, no one ever goes there. But that is false lonliness and isolationism. There is one thing that can't be recreated: mountains.




I took these a couple of summers ago when I was backpacking around the Cirque of the Towers area. It quite possibly is one of the most visually stunning areas that I have ever seen. If you ever have the chance to go to Wyoming, get to the mountains, and not those rocks around Jackson Hole, get to the Big Horns and in the Basin. That is where the mountains are.

1 Comments:

Blogger msprotestalot said...

breathtaking. so when can i visit?

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home